Siembra Latinos Fund Grants
Founded in 2017, the Siembra Latinos Fund (SLF) is an affiliate fund of the Community Foundation for Monterey County.
Each year, the SLF Advisory Board determines where its available grant dollars can be placed for greatest impact on their communities’ highest priority needs. The Advisory Board, made up of community volunteers, will carefully review applications and award grants based on the published criteria.
- Siembra Latinos grants are open to 501(c)3* nonprofit organizations and public agencies serving Monterey County residents, predominantly Latino residents.
- All requested funding must directly benefit residents of Monterey County.
- All organizations applying for a grant must be current on reporting obligations for past CFMC grants.
- Only one application per grant cycle will be considered. Only one Siembra Latinos grant per organization will be awarded each calendar year.
*Organizations or collaborative projects that are not legally incorporated may partner with a tax-exempt, 501(c)3 organization which will serve as the fiscal sponsor for the proposed grant. The fiscal sponsor must agree to be accountable to the CFMC for the programmatic and financial outcomes of the grant and have a signed agreement with the sponsored group verifying the terms of the arrangement.
Guidelines and Application
Funding will be considered for the following types of requests:
- Program Support: for the expansion or refinement of existing programs, new programs that show the promise of impact and sustainability, and support for emergency or special circumstances
- Operating Support: unrestricted grants to organizations that have a proven track record of community benefit
- 2018 Siembra Latinos Fund Grant Guidelines
|Applications Available||April 12, 2019|
|Proposals Due||June 14, 2019, by 5:00 PM|
|Grant Committee Meeting||TBD|
|Funding Decisions Announced||August 2019|
Within 11 months, grant recipients will be expected to provide a written evaluation.
|Alisal Community Arts Network||$ 3,000||Latin Jazz Orchestra|
|Central Coast YMCA||$ 2,500||Diabetes Prevention Program|
|Centro Binacional para el Desarrollo Indigena Oaxaqueño||$ 3,000||Indigenous Youth Leadership Academy|
|King City Boxing Club||$ 3,500||Providing Positive Activites for Youth in King City|
|Life is for Everyone, Inc.||$ 2,500||STEM/Science Action Club Fridays|
|Loaves, Fishes & Computers||$ 2,500||Digital Literacy Workshop in Gonzales|
|Palenke Arts||$ 3,000||Transformative and Culturally Rooted Arts Classes|