Siembra Latinos Fund Grants
Founded in 2017, the Siembra Latinos Fund (SLF) is an affiliate fund of the Community Foundation for Monterey County.
Each year, the SLF Advisory Board determines where its available grant dollars can be placed for greatest impact based on their communities’ highest priority needs. The Advisory Board is composed of community volunteers.
- Siembra Latinos grants are open to 501(c)3* nonprofit organizations and public agencies serving Monterey County residents, predominantly Latino residents.
- All organizations applying for a grant must be current on reporting obligations for past CFMC grants.
- Only one application per grant cycle will be considered. Only one Siembra Latinos grant per organization will be awarded each calendar year.
*Organizations or collaborative projects that are not legally incorporated may partner with a tax-exempt, 501(c)3 organization which will serve as the fiscal sponsor for the proposed grant. The fiscal sponsor must agree to be accountable to the CFMC for the programmatic and financial outcomes of the grant and have a signed agreement with the sponsored group verifying the terms of the arrangement.
Guidelines and Application
2022 Grant Applications are now CLOSED.
Funding will be considered for the following types of requests:
- Program Support: for the expansion or refinement of existing programs, new programs that show the promise of impact and sustainability, and support for emergency or special circumstances.
- Operating Support: unrestricted grants to organizations that have a proven track record of community benefit.
- 2022 Siembra Latinos Fund Grant Guidelines
|Applications Available||Summer 2023|
|Proposals Due||August 4, 2023|
|Grant Committee Meeting||TBD|
|Funding Decisions Announced
Within 11 months, grant recipients will be expected to provide a written evaluation.
|Digital NEST||Workforce Development Program in Salinas||$3,500|
|King City Boxing Club||Providing Positive Activities for youth||$3,000|
|Salinas Community Science Workshop||STEM Girls program for El Sausal students||$3,500|
|Santa Cruz Community Ventures||Familias con Mas in Monterey County||$5,000|
|YWCA Monterey County||Youth Education and Advocacy||$5,000|
Joel Hernandez Laguna
Community Impact Officer