Robert and Virginia Stanton Endowment
Virginia Stanton left a bequest to establish this fund in her name and her husband’s. The fund was established in 1994 as the Robert and Virginia Stanton Endowment. Mrs. Stanton named some favorite agencies or types of projects for annual consideration in order of priority (see below). Others may also be funded at the discretion of the CFMC Board and the Stanton Committee.
Stanton Endowment At a Glance
|Grant Amount||Typically $5,000 – $50,000|
|Application Deadlines||Second Friday in July|
|Scope and Characteristics||
|Application and Reporting||
|Decision||Decisions made in November|
Stanton Endowment grants are open to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations serving Monterey County residents. This fund gives priority to the agencies and programs of special interest to Virginia and Robert Stanton and in 2019, consideration will be restricted to these agencies. These include:
- The Stanton Center (formerly known as the Allen Knight Maritime Museum)
- The repair, maintenance and capital improvements of public buildings designed by Robert Stanton, especially the King City High School Auditorium and the Monterey County Court House in Salinas
- The Monterey History and Art Association
- The Monterey County Symphony Association
- The Monterey Museum of Art
- The American Red Cross of the Central Coast (formerly known as the Carmel Chapter of the American Red Cross)
- The Salvation Army – Monterey Peninsula Corps
Guidelines and Application
Before applying, Stanton Fund applicants should read the complete Stanton 2019 Grant Guidelines and relate the projects or programs for which they are requesting funding to the guidelines. Applications need to be completed in our Online Grants Manager.
Stanton Grant Applications are due by 5:00 PM, the second Friday of July.
Grants are made in early November.
|American Red Cross of the Central Coast||$36,303||Red Cross Community Emergency Vehicle|
|Salvation Army Monterey Peninsula Corps||$50,000||Child Development Center Playground Renovation|
|Monterey Museum of Art||$14,000||Increasing Sustainability: Installing a Rainwater Catchment System at La Mirada Cultural Center|
|Monterey County Symphony Association||$50,000||Support for OVATION, the 2019-20 Season|
Vice President of Grants & Programs