Whether you need informal consulting, professional coaching or a consultant referral, the CNE is your link to resources to benefit your organization.
Consultation with CNE Staff
CNE Office Hours provide an easy way for Monterey County nonprofits to engage with CNE staff for guidance, problem solving, resources and referrals.
Do you have a leadership question, challenge, or opportunity on your mind? Use this link to book the time that is most convenient for you to meet for up to one hour with CNE staff, either virtually or in the Monterey Office.
- On the space provided on the sign-up form, please share the reason you’re connecting with us.
- Sessions are confidential.
- Not more than 1 person per organization per appointment.
Thank you for the meeting yesterday. Your tips for board involvement were very helpful…this was the most productive board meeting ever.
Ritika Kumar, Art Abilities
Financial Focus Checkup
This is a free online assessment developed by CNE. Whether you are a long-time established nonprofit, a start-up, or somewhere in between, your team and your mission will benefit from your Financial Leadership.
- It is intended for executives and financial officers to clarify financial decisions and steward resources for mission impact.
- The confidential results are emailed to you and have no bearing on Community Foundation for Monterey County grants or other opportunities.
- To further explore the financial topics most important to you, make an appointment for CNE Office Hours.
In making this tool, CNE relied on the advice and input of veteran leaders in our community who tested the Checkup and gave vital feedback. Thank you.
Nonprofit Consultant Directory
- Now Live! A searchable nonprofit consultant directory of consultants serving Central Coast nonprofits.
- Listings are posted by consultants – not vetted by the Community Foundation for Monterey County. Read our listing policy and disclaimer.
- CNE Tips for Hiring and Working With a Consultant
- Additional tips and resources compiled by Bechtel Foundation.
Pro Bono Consulting Opportunities
- Middlebury Institute for International Studies at Monterey pairs nonprofits with teams of students as Practicum projects. Please contact Dr. Scott Pulizzi, Associate Professor, Graduate School of International Policy and Management.
- Applications are accepted by the Stanford Alumni Consulting Team Monterey Bay each January. Team contact is Bert Rankin.
Mentor Handbook & Toolbox
The Community Foundation for Monterey County’s Center for Nonprofit Excellence has provided mentor-assisted technical assistance and capacity building support for several cohorts of small organizations over the last several years. We have documented the methods and resources in a Mentor Handbook and Toolbox, used to build future mentor/consulting capacity and contribute to the field.
Leadership Development Specialist
Director, Center for Nonprofit Excellence
Sign Up to Receive Our E-news
Organizational Development Grants
Take your nonprofit to the next level with support for one-time activities that build the inner workings of your organization.