Whether you need informal consulting, professional coaching or a consultant referral, the CNE is your link to resources to benefit your organization.
Consultation with CNE Staff
We offer informal, confidential conversations to help you think about new ways to approach challenges in your nonprofit organization. Topics can range from board relations to strategic decisions to leadership questions.
Nonprofit Consultant Directory
- Now Live! A searchable nonprofit consultant directory of consultants serving Central Coast nonprofits.
- Listings are posted by consultants – not vetted by the Community Foundation for Monterey County. Read our listing policy and disclaimer.
Working with a Consultant or Coach
- CNE Tips for Hiring and Working With a Consultant
- Additional tips and resources compiled by Bechtel Foundation.
- A leadership coach can offer new perspectives, build confidence and renewed energy, and support accountability and creating problem-solving in executive level leaders. Executive Directors can apply for support to cover fees through Organizational Development grants and do not need to discuss this proposal with board members.
- CNE Selecting a Coach
Stanford Alumni Consulting Team
Mentor Handbook & Toolbox
The Community Foundation for Monterey County’s Center for Nonprofit Excellence has provided mentor-assisted technical assistance and capacity building support for several cohorts of small organizations over the last several years. We have documented the methods and resources in a Mentor Handbook and Toolbox, used to build future mentor/consulting capacity and contribute to the field.
Each January, nonprofits can apply for pro bono consulting from the Stanford Alumni Consulting Team (ACT) in Monterey Bay. The...
Sign Up to Receive Our E-news
Organizational Development Grants
Take your nonprofit to the next level with support for one-time activities that build the inner workings of your organization.
Director, Center for Nonprofit Excellence
Leadership Development Specialist