Apply for a Scholarship
We offer a variety of scholarships for students in Monterey County to help achieve their educational and career goals.
30 Scholarships: 1 Application
Students can apply for the majority of our scholarships through our new online scholarship system. The deadline for most scholarships is March 16, 2018. Several programs have deadlines in April and May. For instructions on how to create an account and complete an application, click here.
To begin an application, click on the Apply Now button below.
Si tiene preguntas en español favor de llamar y hablar con Karina Gutierrez-Barboza, 831.754.5880
The following CFMC scholarship funds also accept applications online:
- The Larry Horan-Jim Langley Cal Alumni Memorial Scholarship Fund and Jack Van Zander Cal Alumni Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Purpose: To honor outstanding Cal alumni Larry Horan, Jim Langley, and Jack Van Zander who have made significant contributions to the community, and to monetarily assist worthy students who will be attending Cal.
- Eligibility: Graduating high school student residing in Monterey County who will be attending UC Berkeley next year.
- Amount: $2,500
- Horan-Langley Scholarship: a graduating senior at a high school in Monterey County who has demonstrated excellence in some or all of the categories of leadership, scholarship, athletics and other extracurricular activities, and community services. Financial need will also be a consideration.
- Van Zander Scholarship: a well-rounded graduating senior of one of the high schools on the Monterey Peninsula who has engaged in a wide range of activities such as music, arts, and athletics, demonstrates qualities of good citizenship, and enjoys taking on a leadership position. Financial need will also be a consideration.
- Application Deadline: May 11, 2018
- Purpose: To award scholarships to one or more students in Monterey, San Benito or Santa Cruz counties each year to financially aid students enrolled in forestry or nursing.
- Eligibility: Students from Monterey, San Benito, or Santa Cruz county pursuing a post-secondary program in nursing, fire science, forest conservation/management or paramedic/EMT at any accredited school or institution in California.
- Amount: $1,000
- Criteria: Financial need, demonstrated scholastic/vocational ability, acceptance into a forestry/nursing program, and attending at least half-time during the term in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2018
- Purpose: Established in memory of Matthew Finnigan, who was a high-functioning adult with autism whose life was taken before he could achieve his goal of helping others on the Autism Spectrum.
- Eligibility: Applicant is on the Autism Spectrum and is a graduating senior, or has graduated from a high school in California.
- Amount: $1,500
- Criteria: Preference will be given to an applicant that has participated in activities helping other youth on the Autism Spectrum. Applicant must show one of the following:
- a demonstrated interest in a career in the field of Psychiatry, Psychology, Statistics, Chemistry or Math;
- intent to pursue a degree in the field of Psychology, Psychiatry or Research into cures or management of Autism; or
- interest in using college education to help adolescents on the Autism Spectrum
- Application Deadline: April 13, 2018
More Scholarship Resources
We encourage all students to explore our Scholarship Resources for information on:
- federal, state, institutional, and scholarship aid
- financial and academic planning
Program and Scholarships Officer