This anonymous survey is part of an ongoing, comprehensive evaluation of the work of the Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNE) of the Community Foundation for Monterey County. The purpose is to better understand how the CNE’s work with capacity building is affecting nonprofits in our region and what we might do to strengthen this work. The survey link will be available here in October 2019.
2019 Prize Drawing
It is optional to enter your name after completing the survey to enter the drawing for one of these prizes:
- $200 cash
- Catered breakfast for your nonprofit team (up to 10)
- 2 tickets to Mariachi Reyna concert (May 2020)
- Free CNE workshops and a social media consultation for your nonprofit
2018 Nonprofit Survey Results
The Center for Nonprofit Excellence surveyed 136 nonprofit staff and volunteers about changes they observed over the last year in their capacity and ability to do their work and areas they would like to improve in.
Improvements were reported in 82% of organizational and personal ability areas. The Nonprofit Survey also pointed to themes of fund development, board recruitment and development, and building strong staff support as areas that nonprofits wanted to work on. Overall, respondents saw the work of CNE as Somewhat Useful (mean score of 3.96 of 5).
The Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNE) will contribute to helping nonprofits:
- Secure the necessary resources and supports to carry out their work
- Be well-managed, with effective leadership and equitable policies and practices
- Advocate effectively with public and private decision makers
- Collaborate on addressing root causes and making significant positive change.
We will work in concert with other entities that support strengthening nonprofits’ ability to deliver on their vision and mission.
Our core services include providing professional development, consulting, informational resources, grantmaking and peer learning opportunities to Monterey County nonprofits, while building collaboration between local organizations that support capacity building. CNE’s work contributes to the fulfillment of the vision that Monterey Bay region nonprofits’ combined work results in healthy, safe, vibrant and inclusive communities.
By Kaki Rusmore, Director Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNE) “Building healthy, safe, vibrant and inclusive communities…” That’s what local nonprofit...
Upcoming Featured Events
- October 22 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- October 24 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
- October 31 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
Sign Up to Receive Our E-news
Director, Center for Nonprofit Excellence