The Robert and Virginia Stanton Endowment
Virginia Stanton left a bequest to establish this fund in her name and her husband's. The fund was established in 1994 as the Robert and Virginia Stanton Endowment Fund. Mrs. Stanton named some favorite agencies or types of projects for annual consideration in order of priority (see below). Others may also be funded at the discretion of the CFMC Board and the Stanton Committee.
Robert Stanton Theater
This fund is open to proposals from agencies and programs of special interest to Virginia and Robert Stanton. These include:
- The Stanton History Center and the Allen Knight Maritime Museum
- The repair and maintenance of public buildings designed by Robert Stanton, especially the King City High School Auditorium (above) and the Monterey County Court House in Salinas
- The Monterey History and Art Association
- The Monterey County Symphony Association
- The Monterey Museum of Art
- The Carmel Chapter of the American Red Cross
- The Salvation Army - Monterey Peninsula Corps
The Fund may also consider proposals from similar organizations in Monterey County. The committee generally gives priority to one-time special or capital projects, rather than funding on-going operating support.
Before you Apply
- Stanton Fund applicants should relate the projects or programs for which they are requesting funding to the Stanton Guidelines.
- If you have questions or wish to discuss your proposal before submitting an application, please contact Julie Drezner or call 831.375.9712 x 112.
- Review recent Stanton Grant recipients.
The annual application deadline is the second Friday in July, using the Common Grant Application Form which includes the Evaluation Impact Form. Instructions are included in the form.
For approved applications, funding occurs early in November.
An Impact Report is due within one year of the grant.