Create a Legacy
How will you express your values, experiences and interests to the next generation? With thoughtful estate planning now, you can be assured your assets will be directed to the causes you care about most.
- We feel very comfortable making legacy gifts to the Foundation knowing that it will be a good steward of our donations and will make grants that are relevant to the most pressing future needs. The long-term stability of nonprofits in Monterey County can be enhanced and secured with legacy donations. – Bill and Nancy Doolittle
- It’s all in place. It will continue after I’m gone. Just knowing you’re helping someone feels good. – Nancy Ausonio, CFMC fund holder, Legacy Society Member
- As an individual without family heirs, it’s reassuring to know that even after my life, CFMC will be “Here for Good “ providing competent investment management and careful grantmaking so our assets can continue to support causes in the community we loved so much. – Jackie Wendland
The Legacy Society recognizes individuals who have remembered the CFMC in their estate plan, made the foundation the beneficiary of life-income gifts or established an endowed fund during their lifetime.
How it Works
- You include the CFMC as a beneficiary of your will or trust. We can help you or your attorney with sample bequest language.
- You determine the type of fund you would like to establish with your gift.
- Your charitable gift is excluded from your assets for estate tax purposes.
- Your gift creates a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
You can make a legacy gift through:
- your estate by bequest in a will or trust
- a life-income vehicle such as a Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) or Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA)
- a gift of a retirement plan account
Guide to Planned Giving
- Visit our online Planned Giving Center for resources to help you plan your legacy, including a confidential wills planner. We are happy to partner with you and your professional advisor to help maximize the impact of your philanthropy. While we publicly recognize those who have notified us of their plans, we also appreciate and honor the wishes of those who wish to remain anonymous.
Legacy Society Members
The following individuals and couples have joined the Legacy Society: *In Memoriam
The following individuals and couples have joined the Legacy Society:
Vice President of Philanthropic Services