How will you express your values, experiences and interests to the next generation? With thoughtful estate planning now, you can be assured your assets will be directed to the causes you care about most.
The Legacy Society
The Legacy Society honors those who have named the Community Foundation for Monterey County in their estate plans, made the foundation the beneficiary of life-income gifts, or established an endowed fund. Members are invited to an annual appreciation lunch to celebrate the impact of legacy giving.
How it Works
- You include the CFMC as a beneficiary of your will or trust to benefit the nonprofit(s) of your choice
- You determine the type of fund you would like to establish
- Your charitable gift is excluded from your assets for estate tax purposes
- Your gift creates a legacy of your values, helping to do good work in Monterey County and beyond
- We feel very comfortable making legacy gifts to the Foundation knowing that it will be a good steward of our donations and will make grants that are relevant to the most pressing future needs. The long-term stability of nonprofits in Monterey County can be enhanced and secured with legacy donations. – Bill and Nancy Doolittle
- It’s all in place. It will continue after I’m gone. Just knowing you’re helping someone feels good. – Nancy Ausonio, CFMC fund holder, Legacy Society Member
- As an individual without family heirs, it’s reassuring to know that even after my life, CFMC will be “Here for Good “ providing competent investment management and careful grantmaking so our assets can continue to support causes in the community we loved so much. – Jackie Wendland
Ways to Give
- Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT)
- Charitable GIft Annuity (CGA)
- Designate the CFMC as a beneficiary of a Retirement Plan or IRA Account
- Gift of Life Insurance
- Create or Contribute to an Endowed Fund
Become a Legacy Society Member
If you have already included the CFMC in your estate, please let us know so we may recognize your generosity. While we recognize those who have notified us of their plans, Legacy Society members may also choose to remain anonymous.
If you are interested in becoming a Legacy Society member, please contact us or return the form below, so we can help you explore the many choices available. We will work with you and your professional advisor to create the best solution for you and lasting benefit for others.
Read our Legacy news with stories of giving.
Legacy Society Members
The following people have partnered with the Community Foundation for Monterey County to create their legacy and become Legacy Society members.: *In Memoriam
Legacy Society Members
The following people have partnered with the Community Foundation for Monterey County to create their legacy and become Legacy Society members.:
Legacy Society Luncheon 2020
Vice President of Philanthropic Services