Donor Advised Funds
Donor advised funds at the CFMC maximize the impact of individual, family or corporate giving and help you fulfill your philanthropic vision.
Working with the CFMC opened doors to find the right local people and agencies for the programs that are important to us. The CFMC’s efforts and community knowledge added considerably to their effectiveness. – Lary Lynn and Tony Muller
A donor advised fund is simpler, more flexible and less costly than a private or family foundation. A fund can be created quickly and easily with a gift of $5,000 or more. With our experienced and dedicated staff, the CFMC is a resource that provides information, advice and personalized service to help you meet your philanthropic goals.
Giving with Purpose – Ken and Mary Wright
Benefits of a Donor Advised Fund
- You make a gift to the CFMC and receive an immediate tax benefit. A fund is established in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You recommend grants from your fund to support the causes and organizations you care about.
- You can make grants to organizations throughout the country and internationally.
- Take advantage of our professional program staff’s deep community knowledge to inform your grantmaking.
- Take advantage of our online grant portal to view your fund’s statement and investment performance, research organizations, and recommend grants.
- We handle all administrative details and issue grants to nonprofits in the name of your fund. Donor advised funds are less costly and easier to administer than other forms of philanthropic giving (such as family or corporate foundations).
- You can add to the fund at any time, or include the fund in a legacy gift through your estate.
- Your fund can benefit from inclusion in our investment pool, including our primary, medium term, and ESG portfolios, or you can maintain an existing relationship with your trusted investment advisor with Donor Recommended Investment Management.
I chose to utilize the Community Foundation because of the high level of support I receive. I don’t have the administrative burden of a private foundation now and I’m confident my wishes will be carried out in the future. – F. Robert Nunes
Donor Advised Fund or Private Foundation?
There are many advantages to carrying out your philanthropy through a donor advised fund with us. Some private foundations utilize a donor advised fund to facilitate their grantmaking. We also offer a wide range of customized administrative and grantmaking services for private and family foundations.
Compare Donor Advised Funds and Private Foundations
Donor Advised Fund
Involvement, control, and family continuity
Effective gift size
Vice President of Philanthropic Services