- This event has passed.
Nourish to Flourish: Self-care for Nonprofit Professionals
September 18 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
This workshop is offered by the Center for Nonprofit Excellence of the Community Foundation for Monterey County.
9 – 10:30 a.m. Interactive online workshop
$15 per person (scholarships available)
During challenging times, when nonprofits are called upon to step up services, self-care for our staff is more important than ever. Through this interactive workshop led by Whitney B. Morris, participants will
- learn how the culture and mission-driven commitments of our work can lead to high stress and burnout.
- reflect on areas of self-care, design a plan for improving their own self-care practices, and
- take away ideas and activities to share in their organizations.
All are welcome!
The follow scholarship types are available:
- ACTION Council scholarships are offered to organizations supporting children & families who are at-risk, marginalized, or low-income
- First 5 Funded Partners
- Irvine Salinas Grantees (Baktun12, Building Healthy Communities, Monterey Bay Central Coast Labor Council, Center for Community Advocacy, Ciclovia, COPA, The Epicenter, Girls Inc. of the Central Coast, MILPA, Mujeres en Accion.
- Fee waived for those unable to pay at this time.
About the facilitator:
Whitney B. Morris, MA ACC works with individuals making career transitions or encountering challenges as their children grow. Many of her clients are nonprofit professionals stepping into new leadership roles or contemplating career shifts. They are seeking perspective and support in making changes and decisions in their professional and family lives. She is also a trainer and facilitator who supports staff and leaders in Bay Area nonprofit organizations to develop skills in leadership, supervision, emotional intelligence, strengths, volunteer management, fundraising, communication, and youth development.
About the Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNE) of the Community Foundation for Monterey County:
Visit us at www.cfmco.org/cne Our core services include offering professional development, consulting, informational resources, grantmaking and peer learning opportunities to Monterey County nonprofits, while building collaboration between local organizations that support capacity building. CNE’s work contributes to the fulfillment of the vision that Monterey Bay region nonprofits’ combined work results in healthy, safe, vibrant and inclusive communities.