- This event has passed.
Designing Organizations Where Everyone Thrives Part 2 (In-person)
September 15 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
We will read and discuss Equity – How to Design Organizations Where Everyone Thrives by Minal Bopaiah.
This series will inspire and support nonprofit staff and board members to take action steps to build more equitable organizations. The cost of the book is included in registration.
- Kick-off Event: August 3 @ Noon – Meet one another and pickup book.
- Two Part In-Person Series ($30): coffee and refreshments included
Part 1: August 25 9 – 10:30 a.m. and
Part 2 September 15 9 – 10:30 a.m.
- Venue: Community Foundation for Monterey County Conference Room
2354 Garden Road, Monterey
Join us to
- Gain experience in noticing the often hidden ways systems impact us and our work. Practice retelling our own success stories as modeled in the book.
- Learn about defining equitable outcomes and behaviors in organizations.
- Commit time to this important topic through discussion with fellow nonprofit representatives.
Intended for nonprofits in the communities of Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Benito County, California. Facilitated by Susie Polnaszek (she/her).
About the book: The author is Minal Bopaiah. With just 176 pages, this book (published in 2021) is succinct and inspiring. A Philanthropy News Digest review described it this way: “Though this book is short, it’s dense; it’s meant to be studied, dog-eared, and shared throughout your organization. Just the glossary alone, with a three-page list of the most crucial concepts addressed in the book, will be enough to keep readers going back to this book regularly as a reference guide. Those looking for a way into the immense change that seeking equity requires would do well to look at this book as an elegantly written skeleton key.”