Soledad Community Center Capital Campaign
Built in 1993, the 23k square foot Soledad Community Center is where neighbors become friends, children grow and succeed and our community is strengthened. The center is home to the Soledad Parks and Recreation Department, which provides the community with various programs, activities, and services for all ages. The Community Center provides a fitness center, full-service kitchen, a computer/homework lab, two multi-purpose rooms, and a 10k square foot gym with a small stage. A safe space for people to gather, work out, socialize and be active, the Community Center serves almost 3000 people monthly.
Plans for the Future
To continue to grow, provide an environment of accessibility and ensure the longevity of our programs and services, we must make significant facility upgrades. Your generosity will help Soledad Parks and Recreation to renovate and improve so that we can provide more opportunities to all abilities and provide more and better services to our community.
The aging and well-used facility needs upgrades and renovations to ensure increased accessibility, use opportunities and longevity. Plans to improve the accessibility and services provided through improvements at the Community Center include:
- complete kitchen renovation
- ADA accessibility improvements throughout the facility
- gym lighting
- electrical and stage upgrades
- HVAC upgrades and improvements
- emergency services upgrades
- outdoor lighting, landscaping and EV charging
How You Can Help
Every gift matters and brings us closer to our goal to raise $1.85 million. To date, we have already raised more than $550,000 of the $2.4 million total project cost. We have gift recognition opportunities for different levels of giving.
Wall of Generosity
Gifts at these levels will be memorialized on a Donor Wall.
|Level I – $250
|Level II – $500
|Level II – $1000
|Name (1-line) on small plaque
|Name (2-line) on medium plaque
|Name (2-line) & message on large plaque
Ways to Give
- Make a secure, tax-deductible online donation.
- Send a check made payable to “Community Foundation for Monterey County” with “Soledad Community Center Capital Campaign” in the memo line and mail to:
Community Foundation for Monterey County
2354 Garden Road, Monterey, CA 93940
- Make a gift by phone. Please all 831.375.9712 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- To make a gift of stock, IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution or other assets, please call for instructions.
- To include the Soledad Community Center Capital Campaign in your will or trust, please contact Cecilia Romero, Director of Gift Planning, at 831.375.9712 x124.
Donations to the Soledad Community Center Capital Campaign fund of the Community Foundation for Monterey County (CFMC) are tax deductible. The CFMC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, Tax ID #94-1615897.