Housing for Kids Fund
Housing for Kids
Housing for Kids is determined to help school-aged children and their families in our community have access to secure housing. Appalled by the nearly 10,000 students in Monterey County public schools who do not have a secure home, a group of extremely concerned residents of Monterey County founded this grassroots organization.
- Providing Permanent Housing – Our first priority is finding housing for the more than 200 kids who are living on the street, in shelters, or in their cars in the Monterey Peninsula School District. To help our kids, we make grants to build new, attractive, affordable housing for our working families that is harmonious with our beautiful county.
- Build awareness – To make the residents of Monterey County aware of this horrific situation so we can solve it together.
- Support Existing Efforts – We applaud and make grants to existing agencies already working to house and support our students.
Please donate today to help our kids and help sustain our community for the future. We can solve this together.
- Send a check made payable to “Community Foundation for Monterey County”
with “Housing for Kids” in the memo line
- Mail to:
Community Foundation for Monterey County
2354 Garden Road, Monterey, CA 93940
- To make a gift of stock or other assets, please contact Christine Dawson, Senior Vice President Philanthropic Services, at 831.375.9712 x126.
Donations to the Housing for Kids Fund of the Community Foundation for Monterey County (CFMC) are tax deductible. The CFMC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization,tax ID #94-1615897.