Community Fund for Carmel Valley
Better Together – Helping Carmel Valley Thrive
The Community Fund for Carmel Valley helps protect and improve the quality of life for all residents.
Carmel Valley, California has always had a strong sense of community. Neighbors tend to treat one another like family. Though Carmel Valley offers a wonderful quality of life for some, there are many unmet needs. We have created a way for caring neighbors to come together to grow a fund to thoughtfully address these local needs. This fund seeks to improve the lives of our fellow community members, both now and in the future. Grants will support the greater Carmel Valley area from Highway One to Cahoon Grade.
Disaster Relief and Recovery
Part of the mission of the Community Fund for Carmel Valley is to enable rapid response for disaster relief for Carmel Valley residents. In response to the Carmel Fire in 2020, the Community Fund for Carmel Valley deployed $188,000 in grants to nonprofits providing direct financial assistance to affected residents, most of whom lost their homes.
To support Carmel Valley and Cachagua residents affected by current and future disasters donate online, or see below for information on mailing a check.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
In 2020 the Community Fund for Carmel Valley was created to serve residents, businesses and organizations, all of whom have an opportunity to contribute to the greater good of others. The fund is governed by a local advisory board consisting of longstanding community members. Their role is to provide oversight, raise funds, define grantmaking priorities and award grants. The fund is an affiliate of the Community Foundation for Monterey County, which provides administrative, investment and grantmaking expertise.
To protect and improve the quality of life for all residents and support and foster the vibrancy of the Carmel Valley community.
- Build community, improve infrastructure and meet local needs
- Expand youth programming and services
- Support educational, cultural and historical programs
- Support nonprofits serving the greater Carmel Valley area
- Enable rapid response to community crisis, emergency needs, and disaster relief
- Build funds to meet future needs
I love Carmel Valley. This is an opportunity to help others and create synergy to meet the needs in our community.” – Alan Crockett, Advisory Board Chair
Alan Crockett (Chair)
Whether you and your family are new to Carmel Valley or have been residents for months or decades, you can give in a way that is meaningful today and will also have an impact for future generations.
Considering the effects of COVID-19 on the valley, this fund has the flexibility to determine immediate needs and make grants to assist the community’s vulnerable populations.
- Half of your gift will go to the endowment to become a permanent resource for Carmel Valley and Cachagua and half will be available to make local grants in the first years of the Community Fund for Carmel Valley.
How to Give
- Donate directly and securely online
- Send checks made payable to “Community Foundation for Monterey County”
with “Community Fund for Carmel Valley” in the memo line
Mail to: 2354 Garden Road, Monterey, CA 93940
- Make a gift of stock or other assets. Contact Christine Dawson, CFMC Vice President of Philanthropic Services at 831.375.9712 x126 to learn more.
Donations to the Community Fund for Carmel Valley of the Community Foundation for Monterey County (CFMC) are tax deductible. The CFMC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, Tax ID #94-1615897.
Feature photo: Tom O’Neal