- This event has passed.
What is Redistricting and Why Should the Nonprofit Community Care?
October 29 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
This webinar is offered by California Policy Forum. Visit their website for more details and to register.
The anticipation of 2020 continues to grow, particularly as California prepares for the census, redistricting, and elections. Organizations and communities continue to work tirelessly to coordinate and align their efforts to ensure that each person is counted and represented in our democracy.
While the 2020 Census is on the immediate horizon, communities will also begin to prepare in early 2020 for redistricting.
Communities’ representation and, as a result, their influence in the public decisions that affect their lives for the entire decade that follows, hinges on a strong redistricting process that includes people from across the wide range of diverse Californians.
What is the role of nonprofits, foundations, and government to ensure that Californians are represented fairly?
– Connie Malloy, Executive Director, Panta Rhea Foundation; Commissioner, California Citizens Redistricting Commission
– Aarti Kohli, Executive Director, Advancing Justice-Asian Law Caucus
– Efrain Escobedo, Vice President, Education, and Immigration, California Community Foundation
– Anthony Thigpenn, Founder and President, California Calls; The Black Census and Redistricting Hub
– Amy Dominguez- Arms, Consultant, Philanthropy California (Moderator)
Join us to learn about the timeline, key activities, and roles we can all play to ensure Californians of all backgrounds have a strong voice in the public sphere for the decade to come.