Together for Mental Well-being: Nonprofits Share Workplace Strategies
March 31 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
This virtual workshop is hosted by the Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNE) of the Community Foundation for Monterey County.
Friday, March 31, 2023
10:30 a.m. – Noon
Location: Zoom link will be shared as part of the registration process
Registration: Free for nonprofits in the communities of Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Benito County, California
$25 for consultants, those outside our geographic region, and for-profit businesses
- Learn about effective well-being strategies and current workplace trends.
- Reflect on and share what you are doing with your own team and learn what other nonprofits are doing.
- Connect with one another and with additional resources in a dynamic, welcoming virtual space
In nonprofit organizations, stress from ongoing challenges affects us in different ways and can impact how we work. Like a powerful river moving downstream, there’s been an accumulating affect on our teams’ mental health and well-being.
According to national workplace data, 81% of workers report that they will be looking for workplaces that support mental health in the future. (APA 2022 Work and Well-being Survey Results). Focus on an expanded sense of employee well-being can contribute to retention, cohesion and belonging.
If you are looking for ideas on how to build in more support for emotional well-being and mental health, please join us for this interactive discussion and panel. Local nonprofits will share their examples of practices and structural changes that support employee and volunteer well-being.
About the Panelists:
- Edna Chinn, Operations and Project Manager, CASA of Monterey County
- Dr. Mary Claire Heffron, Reflective Practice Facilitator with First 5 Monterey County
- More details TBA