Fund for Homeless Women Grant Application Deadline
October 1 @ 5:00 pm
- Grants are open to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and public agencies.
- Only one grant application per organization will be considered. Fiscal sponsors may submit more than one application for different sponsored groups and one for their own organization.
- Only proposals serving homeless women on the Monterey Peninsula will be accepted.
What grant funds will support
- Planning and start-up costs for new programs or expansion of existing programs to fill a gap or support a new approach. Consideration will be given to operating costs for existing programs where a small amount of funding can make a difference.
- Personnel expenses that relate to specific program goals; equipment, materials or facilities costs that directly benefit participants or are an identifiable part of the proposed project.
- For emergency assistance small grants to nonprofits, funding will support only direct assistance to homeless women, such as hotel vouchers or personal care expenses.
What grant funds CANNOT support
- Religious organizations that exclude services based on religious beliefs or promote a religious doctrine.
- Funding to schools and public agencies that would supplant tax-supported, mandated services.
- Expenses incurred prior to the grant award date
Guidelines and Application
The Fund for Homeless Women seeks proposals from nonprofit organizations that address one or more of the following grantmaking priorities:
- Small grants for emergency assistance: up to $5,000 to support emergency shelter, transportation, and personal care for homeless women.
- Support for innovative ideas that expand emergency/temporary shelter, permanent housing options and/or case management services: $10,000 to $50,000 for initiatives designed to provide emergency/temporary shelter, permanent housing, day programs, or case management services for homeless women.
The fund does not provide direct assistance to individuals. Please see recent grants below for organizations providing assistance.
Applications are due by 5:00 PM, on the first Friday in October and grant decisions are announced in December.