Soberanes Fire Fund
CFMC Soberanes Fire Fund
The Community Foundation for Monterey County (CFMC) has created the Soberanes Fire Fund to assist affected communities affected by the #SoberanesFire which began July 22, 2016. Donations to the fund will provide both immediate relief and support rebuilding and recovery efforts in the aftermath of the fire.
Grants from the fund will be distributed to nonprofit agencies and organizations directly assisting individuals to meet needs as they arise. We are working in close partnership with the Coast Property Owners Association to deploy resources where they are most needed. We will be working with other communities affected by the fire to identify additional grant recipients.
100% of donations will be used for grantmaking. The funds will be used to make grants to agencies providing emergency assistance, health and human services, short term housing/rental assistance, reimbursement of equipment and supplies, and other immediate relief or long-term recovery support for affected residents.
The fund is a trusted repository for philanthropic assets to be directed specifically for this purpose and the CFMC is a key partner with the Monterey County and State of California Disaster Response Teams.
Those wishing to contribute to the fund can:
- Donate securely online
- Mail a check:
Community Foundation for Monterey County
2354 Garden Road, Monterey, CA, 93940
“Attention: Soberanes Fire Fund”
- Donate by Phone
Call 831.375.9712 Monday through Friday 8:30 to 5:00 PM
All donations to the Soberanes Fire Fund are tax deductible. Tax ID # 94-1615897
- Office of Emergency Services helpline 831.796.1900
- Fire and community information: https://bigsurkate.wordpress.com/
- Fire information: https://www.facebook.com/CALFIRE /Twitter @Cal_Fire 831.204.0446
- Big Sur Volunteer Fire Brigade www.bigsurfire.org
- To match donations with community needs: www.MontereyCo.Recovers.org
- For volunteers, to find services, or other questions: Call 211 http://www.unitedwaymcca.org/2-1-1
- For help with animals: https://www.facebook.com/SPCAmc/ 831.373.2631
Soberanes Fire Fund Created (Press Release)
Image from @Cal_Fire