Rotary Club of Monterey Martin/Hurd Fund
The Rotary Club of Monterey is the oldest and largest Rotary Club on the Monterey Peninsula. Through the Cappy Martin / Vernon Hurd Monterey Rotary Club Fund at the CFMC the club awards grants to local non-profit organizations supporting youth and scholarships for students and teachers in Monterey.
Since it was founded in 1924, the Rotary Club of Monterey has been a place where community leaders gather to have fun, explore new ideas and work together to address challenging issues. Through networking, special programs, projects, and speakers, Rotary provides information and opportunities to make a positive difference and build a strong community. The Monterey Rotary has a tradition of charitable service, including hands-on projects, donations, and scholarships. Rotary believes in building relationships that lead to better understanding and better business, and value fairness and friendship.
Grants to Non-Profit Organizations
The fund accepts applications for grants for the following:
- Programs that benefit the youth or educational activities serving the youth of the Monterey Peninsula
- Programs that benefit the community, or underserved and disabled adult population of the Monterey Peninsula
Grant awards will range from $5,000 to $15,000.
To apply, click the “Apply Now” button below. If this is your first time using our online grants system, please create an account (if you need help creating an account or navigating the system you can find instructions here). If you have applied for a grant from the CFMC in the past then sign in using your login and password. Once you have logged in, click on “Apply” then select the “Rotary Club of Monterey Martin/Hurd Fund” grant program from the list of opportunities to begin your application.
- Scholarship applicants should demonstrate:
- Documented financial need
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Applicants must be:
- A US Citizen or legal permanent resident; and
- A graduating senior at Marina High School, Monterey High School, or Seaside High School; or a student at Monterey Peninsula College who will be transferring to a four-year college or university in the next academic year.
- To claim the award funds, the winning student must:
- Enroll in an accredited four-year college or university as a full-time student
- Submit official proof of his or her enrollment to the Community Foundation by October 31st of the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
Scholarship awards will range from $2,500 to $5,000
To apply, click the “Apply Now” button below. You will be asked to complete a general application which will make you eligible for this scholarship and others offered by the CFMC. Once you have completed the application, if you are eligible for the Rotary Club of Monterey Martin/Hurd Scholarship then you will automatically be applied.
Give to the Cappy Martin / Vernon Hurd Monterey Rotary Club Fund
Your gift to this fund will support grantmaking and scholarships in support of the youth of the Monterey Peninsula. You can make a secure, tax deductible gift by clicking below.