2016 Grant Updates
We are pleased to share some new opportunities and changes to our competitive grantmaking programs for 2016.
This is our largest competitive grant program that awards over $2 million to local nonprofits each year. We have updated our program areas to provide more clarity on our funding priorities. There are now five program areas:
- Children & Youth – Deadlines: February 5, & March 4 (small grant program)
- Health & Human Services – Deadlines: February 5, & March 4 (small grant program)
- Arts, Culture & Historic Preservation – Deadlines: August 5 & September 2 (small grant program)
- Community Development – Deadlines: August 5 & September 2 (small grant program)
- Environmental & Animal Welfare – Deadlines: August 5 & September 2 (small grant program)
Next Steps for Small Nonprofits New program!
The Next Steps for Small Nonprofits program supports small organizations with three years of general operating support grant funding, organizational assessments, individualized plans for strengthening the organization, training, peer meetings and one-on-one support from a professional nonprofit mentor. This new grant program is for organizations with no more than 2 staff members with organizational budgets between $20,000 – $150,000. Nationwide, more that 50% of the nonprofit sector is made up of small organizations and we would like to find a way to support these groups as they move up to the next level of impact.
The grant deadline for the Next Steps program is March 4th. Please contact Kaki Rusmore if you have any questions about the Next Steps program.
We have also made minor changes to our applications and guidelines for our ongoing grant programs. Please review our grant opportunities to get the latest information.