Stewarding Our Environment - 2012 Grants
We support programs that educate and involve local residents in protecting and preserving our natural resources and that increase community involvement in conservation and sustaining healthy ecosystems.
- Coastal Watershed Council - $15,000 for Pajaro River Watershed presentations and after-school collaborative program with Watsonville Wetlands Watch for 6-8th grade students
- Elkhorn Slough Foundation - $10,000 to support volunteer conservation program and native plant restoration
- MEarth - $10,000 for environmental education to elementary school-aged children from Seaside schools and Boys & Girls Club
- O'Neill Sea Odyssey - $20,000 for ocean-based science and ecology education program for Monterey County 4-6th grade students
- The Offset Project - $15,000 for new business food waste composting program in Monterey
- Save Our Shores - $10,000 for the Central Coast Sanctuary Alliance's collaboration to prevent plastic pollution
- Save the Whales - $15,000 for environmental presentations in Title I schools to educate students about marine mammals and watersheds
- University Corporation (on behalf of Return of the Natives) - $10,000 for volunteer habitat restoration program in Salinas creeks
- Ventana Wildlife Society - $15,000 for environmental education and summer camp to increase youth's knowledge and interest in natural sciences
We support animal welfare programs that promote the responsible and humane
treatment of companion animals.
- Animal Friends Rescue Project - $9,000 for small dog spay-neuter voucher program in Castroville
Confirmed in Compliance with National
Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
© 2015 CFMC All rights reserved
Design: Byte Technology
2354 Garden Road Monterey, CA 93940
TEL 831.375.9712 FAX 831.375.4731
945 South Main Street, Suite 207 Salinas, CA 93901
TEL 831.754.5880 FAX 831.754.5876