Northern Monterey County Foundation
Serving the communities of: Aromas, Bolsa Knolls, Boronda, Castroville, Elkhorn, Las Lomas, Moss Landing, Oak Hills, Pajaro, Prunedale, Royal Oaks, Santa Rita.
Giving Back to North County
The Northern Monterey County Foundation (NMCF) was created in 2016 as a unique vehicle to bring positive change to the communities of North Monterey County. The NMCF is an opportunity for individuals, families and businesses to come together to improve the quality of life for all residents of North County.
A local advisory board provides oversight, defines grantmaking priorities, and raises funds that are distributed to community organizations serving Northern Monterey County. As an affiliate of the Community Foundation, the CFMC provides financial stewardship, administrative support and the services of a fully accredited community foundation that is held to rigorous National Standards.
The NMCF will begin grantmaking in 2017. The 2017 deadline has passed, and grants will be announced in July. Click here for more information.
Support North County
There are four main giving levels for NMCF supporters, though gifts of any amount are appreciated. Donations can be a one-time gift or a five-year pledge, and donors will be recognized as follows:
Founder: $5,000 per year for five years, or $25,000
Benefactor: $2,500 per year for five years, or $12,500
Sustainer: $1,000 per year for five years, or $5,000
Contributor: $500 per year for five years, or $2,500
- Half of your gift will go to the endowment to become a permanent resource for Northern Monterey County and half will be available to make local grants in the first years of the NMCF.
- All potential grants will be reviewed by the NMCF advisory board and will be used only for organizations serving the listed communities.
- The goal is to build an endowment to sustain grantmaking into the future.
- Gifts in the name of loved ones, planned gifts and legacies established through your estate are additional ways to support the NMCF.
- You can donate by credit card by clicking the Give Now button below. If you wish to donate by mail, download the Pledge Form and send it to us.
NMCF Advisory Board
Don Chapin (Chair), Prunedale; Nancy Ausonio, Castroville; Leslie Austin, Aromas; Ricky Cabrera, Salinas; Lou Calcagno, Moss Landing; Jesus Corona, Royal Oaks; Anne Herendeen, Prunedale; Karen Miller, Pajaro; Manuel Osorio, Prunedale; Joe Pezzini, Castroville; John Phillips, Elkhorn